Ian Barwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Sounds good to me. Is it on the todo-list? (Couldn't see it there).

Probably not; Bruce for some reason has resisted listing protocol change
desires as an identifiable TODO category.  There are a couple of threads
in the pghackers archives over the last year or so that discuss the
different things we want to do, though.  (Improving the error-reporting
framework and fixing the COPY protocol are a couple of biggies I can
recall offhand.)