On 06/30/2015 07:37 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Jeff Janes wrote:

I've gotten the LWLock deadlock again.  User backend 24841 holds the
WALInsertLocks 7 and is blocked attempting to acquire 6 .  So it seems to
be violating the lock ordering rules (although I don't see that rule
spelled out in xlog.c)

Hmm, interesting -- pg_stat_statement is trying to re-do an operation
that involves updating a GIN index, while WAL-logging for the original
update is still ongoing, it seems.

I don't think pg_stat_statement has anything to do with this. You can see from the backtrace that pg_stat_statement is enabled, as the call went through the pgss_ExecutorRun executor hook, but that's all.

- Heikki