For the most cases I mentioned, we don't request a strict gapless sequence
for the Invoice ID, the essential requirement is unique.
We just hope that there is no obviously gap in most situations.
>From the test of UPSERT, there are quite a few chances to generate a big
gap when UPSERT multi records.
However, the result of UPSERT is acceptable, and I do love this function.
So, it's a suggestion only.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the detail explanation.

Regards,

Daojing Zhou.