Yes, I think that's a good idea.  I don't know whether : is the right
separator; I kind of line @.  But that's bikeshedding.

Possible ASCII contenders should avoid shell and filename interaction, which exclude * ? ! & / < > [ ] . - $ and so on: those that seem to remain are @ , = : % # +. I like "%" because this is about sharing, although this is not a percentage.

I'd actually like to introduce a new pgbench option that selects a builtin script by name, so that we can have more than three of them without running out of option names (or going insane). So suppose we introduce pgbench -b BUILTIN_NAME, where BUILTIN_NAME is initially one of these:
classic, classic-simple-update, classic-select-only

Then you can do pgbench -b classic@1 -b classic-select-only@9 or
similar to get 10% write, 90% read.

I like this idea, as -b/-f would be symmetric. Prepending classic to the names does not look necessary. I would suggest "tpcb-like", "simple-update" & "select-only", or even maybe any prefix. If the bench scripts could be read from some pg directory instead of being actually inlined, even more code could be dropped from pgbench.

--
Fabien.