On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 4:51 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinn...@iki.fi> wrote:
> On 07/29/2015 10:37 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
>>
>> Heikki complained about pg_receivexlog --create-slot starting to stream
>> in his talk in St. Petersburg. Saying that that makes it a hard to
>> script feature - and I have to agree. Since that option is new to 9.5 we
>> can should change that behaviour now if we decide to.
>
> To be clear, I think "pg_receivexlog --create-slot" should only create the
> slot, and exit.

Even if I would like to make pg_recvlogical and pg_receivexlog behave
as similarly as possible by having an additional switch --start in
pg_receivexlog to control if it starts to stream or not, this ship has
already sailed for backward-compatibility's sake... Then let's just
create the slot and exit().
--
Michael