On 8/12/15 9:24 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
* Michael Paquier (michael.paqu...@gmail.com) wrote:
On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 5:54 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
The regression tests included in pgBackRest (available here:
https://github.com/pgmasters/backrest) go through a number of different
recovery tests.  There's vagrant configs for a few different VMs too
(CentOS 6, CentOS 7, Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 14.04) which is what we've
been testing.
We're working to continue expanding those tests and will also be adding
tests for replication and promotion in the future.  Eventually, we plan
to write a buildfarm module for pgBackRest, to allow it to be run in the
same manner as the regular buildfarm animals with the results posted.

Interesting. Do you mind if I pick up from it some ideas for the
in-core replication test suite based on TAP stuff? That's still in the
works for the next CF.

Certainly don't mind at all, entirely open source under the MIT
license.

Absolutely, and I'm always look to add new tests so some cross-pollination may be beneficial as well.

Currently the regression tests work with 9.0 - 9.5alpha1 (and back to 8.3, actually). The pause_on_recovery_target test is currently disabled for 9.5 and I have not implemented recovery_target_action or recovery_target = immediate yet. I haven't tested alpha2 yet but it should work unless catalog or other IDs have changed.

--
-David
da...@pgmasters.net