On 8/14/15 12:11 AM, Jim Nasby wrote:

I favor splitting the regression tests to add "all the time" and
"before commit" targets as you describe. I think that once the
facility is there, we can determine over time how expansive that
second category gets to be.

I don't know how many folks work in a github fork of Postgres, but
anyone that does could run slow checks on every single push via Travis-CI.

I setup a simple example of this with 64 variations of TAP tests, BLKSZ and WAL blocksize. Unfortunately to make this work you have to commit a .travis.yml file to your fork.

build: https://travis-ci.org/decibel/postgres/builds/75692344
.travis.yml: https://github.com/decibel/postgres/blob/master/.travis.yml

Looks like we might have some problems with BLKSZ != 8...