On 08/13/2015 12:03 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 12:17 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
here's what I propose.
This patch does not take into account that there may be other code
paths than src/bin/ that may have TAP tests (see my pending patch to
test pg_dump with extensions including dumpable relations for
example). I guess that it is done on purpose, now what are we going to
do about the following things:
- for src/test/ssl, should we have a new target in vcregress? Like ssltest?
- for the pending patch I just mentioned, what should we do then?
Should we expect it to work under modulescheck?

Of course it takes it into account. What it does is let you add extra checks easily. But I am not going to accept the divergence in vcregress.pl from the way we run tests using the standard tools. Yes, ssl tests should have a new target, as should any other new set of tests. We don't have a single make target for tap tests and neither should we in vcregress.pl.

cheers

andrew