On 9/1/15 8:42 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 7:23 AM, Jim Nasby wrote:
Well nuts, pretty sure that means the error isn't reproducing for you. :/ Do
you maybe have unusual config options or postgresql.conf options?

Yep. And I have found one reason why it was not working, I have been
using --extra-version with a custom string and the Makefile of
test_factory failed to detect that (you may want to use VERSION_NUM in
Makefile.global instead), leading to test_factory--0.1.1.sql to not be
installed as well.

Even after fixing that, I am facing the same problem when running the test, aka:
psql:crash.sql:42: ERROR:  42703: column "c_data_table_name" does not exist
LINE 4:     , c_data_table_name
And the same error show up, should I use the branch crash in the
github repo or your zip file, make test or make install/psql -f
crash.sql.

test_factory is a jungle to me. Perhaps you could just extract a
self-contained test case? It does not matter if the file is long as
long as the problem can be easily reproduced.

Mea culpa. It is possible to run crash.sql, with test_factory instead
0.2.1 installed in a cluster. So I picked it up from github on master
branch, deployed it, and then crash.sql is able to run. However I was
not able to reproduce a failure on master, REL9_4_STABLE and 9.4.1.
Thoughts?

The crash is triggered by having an exception raised in this particular call stack. Since there's no syntax error in master/0.2.1, there's no assert failure either. Were you running asserts? What configure line are you using? I might be able to track this down to something particular to my configure.