On 9/1/15 11:59 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 12:59 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
On 9/1/15 8:42 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
The crash is triggered by having an exception raised in this particular call
stack. Since there's no syntax error in master/0.2.1, there's no assert
failure either. Were you running asserts?

I thought I was, but visibly it was mistaken. So, after re-rolling
configure, I have been able to reproduce the crash, and as far as I
can see all supported versions are impacted. I tested down to 9.1
where extensions were introduced, and the stack trace, as well as the
assertion failing are the same, similar to what Jim has reported. I am
just digging more into this thing now.

I just had a theory that reference counts were messed up because there was both a temp table and a real table with the same name. Turns out that's not the case, but I do now know that the assert is failing for the reference count on the temp table.