Hi,

Here's a bunch of comments on this (hopefully the latest?) version of
the patch:

* I'm not sure I like the FileWrite & FlushBuffer API changes. Do you
  forsee other callsites needing similar logic? Wouldn't it be just as
  easy to put this logic into the checkpointing code?

* We don't do one-line ifs; function parameters are always in the same
  line as the function name

* Wouldn't a binary heap over the tablespaces + progress be nicer? If
  you make the sorting criterion include the tablespace id you wouldn't
  need the lookahead loop in NextBufferToWrite().  Isn't the current
  approach O(NBuffers^2) in the worst case?

Greetings,

Andres Freund