On 09/07/2015 09:28 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Peter Moser wrote:
Good afternoon,
is it possible to create unique column names or to give column names inside
the parser phase that do not interfer with the outside world, i.e. with
column names from tables or aliases given by the user.

Some short background:
I created my own from-clause-item, that gets rewritten into a sub-query. I
do this because I want to re-use existing code as much as possible. The
rewritten sub-query gets transformed with "transformRangeSubselect"...
Within this sub-query I need 3 columns that shouldn't interfer with columns
from the input. We refer to them from a JOIN-ON clause and an ORDER-BY
clause.
This seems pretty much the same as a junk attribute, if I understand you
correctly.  I suggest given a look at how those work.

Is that actually documented anywhere much? I had to use one recently for the Redis FDW and looked in vain for some docco - not saying it's not there, just that I didn't find it.

cheers

andrew