On 10/28/15 11:52 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
-0 on this concept from me.  I'm not going to vigorously oppose it, but:

1. You can always do it in the query if you really want it.

True, but not always practical.

2. If you're the sort of person liable to be confused by t/f, you
probably aren't in the target audience for psql anyway.

Really? The difference between t/f is that the vertical squiggle is flipped, THAT'S IT. Consider:

t t f f f
f t f t f

Saying that I'm not target audience for not being able to see WTF is going on above I find offending.

3. I really don't want to end up with a bunch of features of this type
for a variety of different data types.

Fine. Then let's not add it for a different variety of data types. But boolean is quite essential and it has a really small number of valid output values.

.m