On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 12:13 PM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 8:16 PM, Peter Geoghegan <p...@heroku.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 7:33 PM, Corey Huinker <corey.huin...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> I'm willing, but I'm too new to the codebase to be an effective reviewer
> >> (without guidance). The one thing I can offer in the mean time is this:
> my
> >> company/client nearly always has a few spare AWS machines on the largish
> >> side where I can compile uncommitted patches and benchmark stuff for
> y'all.
> >
> > I think that this particular patch is close to being a slam-dunk, so I
> > don't think it's particularly needed here. But thanks.
>
> It never hurts to have a few extra performance test results - I'm all
> in favor of Corey doing some testing.
>
> Also, I'd be in favor of you updating the patch to reflect the
> comments from Tom and Simon on November 17th.
>
> --
> Robert Haas
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Sure, the machine we called "ninefivealpha", which incidentally, failed to
find a single bug in alpha2 thru beta2, is currently idle, and concurrent
index creation times are a bugbear around these parts. Can somebody, either
in this thread or privately, outline what sort of a test they'd like to see?