On 25 August 2015 at 17:25, David Rowley <david.row...@2ndquadrant.com>
wrote:

> On 24 August 2015 at 14:29, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
>> David Rowley <david.row...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> > I have to admit I don't much like it either, originally I had this as an
>> > extra property that was only seen in EXPLAIN VERBOSE.
>>
>> Seems like a reasonable design from here.
>

> The attached patch has the format in this way.

I've attached a rebased patch against current master as there were some
conflicts from the recent changes to LATERAL join.

On reviewing the patch again I was reminded that the bulk of the changes in
the patch are in analyzejoins.c. These are mostly just a refactor of the
current code to make it more reusable. The diff looks a bit more scary than
it actually is.