Jan Wieck wrote:

Emmanuel Charpentier wrote:

Mingw and mingw-ported tools ? That's a nice small and cozy unix-like
envoronment on tom of Windows. Add it emacs, and windoww becomes almost
tolerable ...

How good is the debugging support under mingW? Is it at least comparable
to using gdb under unix? If not, you might find yourself all of the
sudden out in cold ...

gdb has been ported to mingw. There even exist some interfaces to graphical IDEs (while I don't really care for that).

Another point : this environment is 100% free. You don't have to use proprietary tools. This might be a point in some environments.

Emmanuel Charpentier