On 26.01.2016 13:53, Michael Paquier wrote:

Imagine for example a script that in some rare cases passes happens to
pass infinity into generate_series() - in that case I'd much rather error
out than wait till the end of the universe.

So +1 from me to checking for infinity.

+1

ERROR infinite result sets are not supported, yet

Maybe we should skip the "yet". Or do we really plan to support them in
(infinite) future? ;)

+1 from me to check infinity also.

Something like the patch attached would be fine? This wins a backpatch
because the query continuously running eats memory, no?

Looks fine to me.

(Minor mention: is there no newline needed between the tests?)

Greetings,
Torsten