On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 8:31 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion.  I have updated the patch to include
> wait_event_type information in the wait_event table.

I think we should remove "a server process is" from all of these entries.

Also, I think this kind of thing should be tightened up:

+         <entry>A server process is waiting on any one of the commit_timestamp
+         buffer locks to read or write the commit_timestamp page in the
+         pg_commit_ts subdirectory.</entry>

I'd just write: Waiting to read or write a commit timestamp buffer.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company