On 3/13/16 12:48 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
crosstabview is really visualization tool. **But now, there are not any
other tool available from terminal.** So this can be significant help to
all people who would to use this functionality.

Not just the terminal either. Offhand I'm not aware of *any* fairly simple tool that provides crosstab. There's a bunch of complicated/expensive BI tools that do, but unless you've gone through the trouble of getting one of those setup you're currently pretty stuck.

Ultimately I'd really like some way to remove/reduce the restriction of result set definitions needing to be determined at plan time. That would open the door for server-side crosstab/pivot as well a a host of other things (such as dynamically turning a hstore/json/xml field into a recordset).