On 1/26/16 3:39 PM, Stas Kelvich wrote:
Agree, I had the same idea in my mind when was writing that script.

I will migrate it to TAP suite and write a review for Michael Paquier's patch.

Stas Kelvich
The Russian Postgres Company

On 26 Jan 2016, at 20:20, Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

Stas Kelvich wrote:

While this patch touches quite sensible part of postgres replay and there is
some rarely used code paths, I wrote shell script to setup master/slave
replication and test different failure scenarios that can happened with
instances. Attaching this file to show test scenarios that I have tested and
more importantly to show what I didn’t tested. Particularly I failed to
reproduce situation where StandbyTransactionIdIsPrepared() is called, may be
somebody can suggest way how to force it’s usage. Also I’m not too sure about
necessity of calling cache invalidation callbacks during
XlogRedoFinishPrepared(), I’ve marked this place in patch with 2REVIEWER
comment.

I think this is the third thread in which I say this: We need to push
Michael Paquier's recovery test framework, then convert your test script
to that.  That way we can put your tests in core.

It seems this thread has been waiting quite a while on a new patch. If one doesn't appear by Monday I will mark this "returned with feedback".

--
-David
da...@pgmasters.net