On 07/20/2016 01:08 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:

<!-- doc/src/sgml/logical-replication.sgml -->

<chapter id="logical-replication">

   <title>Logical Replication</title>
   <para>
     Logical Replication is a method of replicating data objects and their
     changes, based upon their Primary Keys (or Replication Identity). We

Do we want a limitation based on Primary Key, or would it be possible to use just UNIQUE or is that covered under Replication Identity?

   <para>
     Logical Replication uses a Publish and Subscribe model with one or
     more Subscribers subscribing to one or more Publications on a
     Provider node. Subscribers pull data from the Publications they
     subscribe to and may subsequently re-publish data to allow
     cascading replication or more complex configurations.

Is that somehow different than Origin/Subscriber or Master/Slave? If not, why are we using yet more terms?

<sect1 id="publication">
   <title>Publication</title>
   <para>
     A Publication object can be defined on any master node, owned by one
     user. A Publication is a set of changes generated from a group of
     tables, and might also be described as a Change Set or Replication Set.
     Each Publication exists in only one database.

      Then on Provider database:
<programlisting>
CREATE PUBLICATION mypub;
ALTER PUBLICATION mypub ADD TABLE users, departments;
</programlisting>
   </para>

Outside of my previous comments on reusing terminology that is known to our community, I like this. Basically a user creates a pool that is replicating, throws various ducks and small children into the pool and then replicates. Nice.

Sincerely,

JD

                        +1-503-667-4564