On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Is there a TODO here, like "Allow recovery from corrupt pg_control via
> WAL"?

Isn't that already in section 12.2.1 of the documentation?

     Using pg_control to get the checkpoint position speeds up the
     recovery process, but to handle possible corruption of pg_control,
     we should actually implement the reading of existing log segments
     in reverse order -- newest to oldest -- in order to find the last
     checkpoint. This has not been implemented, yet.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org