On 08/09/16 09:08, Vik Fearing wrote:
On 09/07/2016 10:41 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Gavin Flower wrote:

possibly '--nosync' (& any similar) should have a '--no-sync' variation
added, with the '--nosync' variation documented as depreciated?
I agree -- I would go as far as just documenting --no-sync only and
keeping the --nosync one working with minimal (if any) visibility in
docs.
Okay, here's a patch to do that.  I don't think it's the other patch's
job to do it.

I also changed --noclean to --no-clean, and --no-locale was already correct.

Suggest a comment along the lines "Where flags of the form --xxx have a negated form, then the preferred negated form is --no-xxx - and that any existing use of the form --noxxx should be converted to --no-xxx, as the non hyphenated form is now deprecated & will be removed in a future version of Postgres."

Possibly generate warningswhen the non hyphenated form is used?

Cheers,
Gavin