Am 01.11.2016 um 15:14 schrieb Fabien COELHO:

Thus, when returning with an error, if conn->pgpassfile was set and a password was necessary, we must have tried that pgpassfile, so i got rid of the field "dot_pgpass_used"

No, you should not have done that, because it changes a feature which was to warn *only* when the password was coming from file.

The warning is wrong, the password was typed directly, not retrieved from a file. The "dot_pgpass_used" boolean is still required to avoid that.

I see... I was too focused on looking for things to declutter, that I missed that case. I'll address that in the next revision.