On 1/12/17 1:40 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> I just don't buy this argument, at all.  These functions names are
> certainly not the only things we're changing with PG10 and serious
> monitoring/backup/administration tools are almost certainly going to
> have quite a bit to adjust to with the new release, and that isn't news
> to anyone who works with PG.

I in turn don't buy this argument. ;-)

I have checked a variety of WAL-related monitoring scripts,
graphing/trending scripts, switchover/failover scripts, and the like,
and of course they all make ample use of a variety of *xlog* functions,
but as far as I can tell, they don't care about the pg_xlog renaming and
would continue to work just fine if the functions were not renamed.