On 2/1/17 4:27 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
On 2017-02-02 09:22:46 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Jim Nasby <jim.na...@bluetreble.com> wrote:
Speaking of which... I have a meeting in 15 minutes to discuss moving to a
server with 4TB of memory. With current limits shared buffers maxes at 16TB,
which isn't all that far in the future. While 16TB of shared buffers might
not be a good idea, it's not going to be terribly long before we start
getting questions about it.

Time for int64 GUCs?

I don't think the GUC bit is the hard part.  We'd possibly need some
trickery (like not storing bufferid in BufferDesc anymore) to avoid
increasing memory usage.

Before doing that the first thing to look at would be why the limit is currently INT_MAX / 2 instead of INT_MAX.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)