On Feb 14, 2017, at 9:37 AM, Magnus Hagander <mag...@hagander.net> wrote:

> It's a failing in one of the two at least. It either needs to be easier to
> build the things on windows, or pgxn would need to learn to do binary
> distributions.

PGXN makes no effort to support installation on any platform at all. Happy to
work with anyone who wants to add binary distribution, but supporting multiple
platforms might be a PITA. Maybe thereā€™d be a way to integrate with the RPM and
.deb and Windows repos (is there something like that for Windows?).

> Even if we get the building easier on windows, it'll likely remain a second
> class citizen (though better than today's third class), given the amount of
> windows machines that actually have a compiler on them for start. Pgxs in
> Windows would be a big improvement, but it won't solve the problem.

Yep.

David