On 09.03.2017 18:58, Robert Haas wrote:
Also, even if the superset thing were true on a theoretical plane, I'm
not sure it would do us much good in practice.  If we start using
YAML-specific constructs, we won't have valid JSON any more.  If we
use only things that are legal in JSON, YAML's irrelevant.

That's true. I just wanted to share my view of the "date guessing" part of pgpro's commits. I don't have a good solution for it either, I can only tell that where I work we do have same issues: either we guess by looking at the string value or we know that "this particular key" must be a date. Unsatisfied with either solution, we tend to use YAML for our APIs if possible.

Regards,
Sven