On 03/22/2017 11:39 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> * Andrew Dunstan (and...@dunslane.net) wrote:
>> Sync pg_dump and pg_dumpall output
> This probably should have adjusted all callers of pg_dump in the
> regression tests to use the --no-sync option, otherwise we'll end up
> spending possibly a good bit of time calling fsync() during the
> regression tests unnecessairly.

All of them? The imnpact is not likely to be huge in most cases
(possibly different on Windows). On crake, the bin-check stage actually
took less time after the change than before, so I suspect that the
impact will be pretty small.

Still I agree that we should have tests for both cases.

Michael, do you want to look at that? If not, I'll take a look but it
will probably be next week before I get to it.

cheers

andrew