On 3/23/17 12:37 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
On 2017-03-23 15:26:51 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
There is a test in privileges.sql (currently lines 589-625 in
privileges.out) that seems to be dependent on the fact that the
ArrayCoerceExpr logic doesn't check for EXECUTE privilege on the
per-element type coercion function if it's dealing with a NULL input
array.
Does anyone want to defend this
privileges test case as testing for some behavior that users expect?

Not me - that seems quite sensible to change.

I'd even argue that existing behavior is a bug.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       j...@nasby.net