On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 10:02 PM, Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 21 April 2017 at 10:20, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinn...@iki.fi> wrote:
>> But looking more closely, I think I misunderstood RFC 5803. It *does* in
>> fact specify a single string format to store the verifier in. And the format
>> looks like:
>>
>> SCRAM-SHA-256$<iteration count>:<salt>$<StoredKey>:<ServerKey>
>
> Could you explain where you are looking? I don't see that in RFC5803

>From 1.  Overview:

   Syntax of the attribute can be expressed using ABNF [RFC5234].  Non-
   terminal references in the following ABNF are defined in either
   [AUTHPASS], [RFC4422], or [RFC5234].

       scram-mech     = "SCRAM-SHA-1" / scram-mech-ext
                      ; Complies with ABNF for <scheme>
                      ; defined in [AUTHPASS].

       scram-authInfo = iter-count ":" salt
                      ; Complies with ABNF for <authInfo>
                      ; defined in [AUTHPASS].

       scram-authValue = stored-key ":" server-key
                      ; Complies with ABNF for <authValue>
                      ; defined in [AUTHPASS].

Thanks,
--