Really, the way to fix Teodor's complaint is to recognize that the
semijoin inner rel is effectively unique against the whole outer rel,
and then strength-reduce the semijoin to a plain join.  The infrastructure
we built for unique joins is capable of proving that, we just weren't
applying it in the right way.
Perfect, it works. Thank you! Second patch reduces time of full query (my example was just a small part) from 20 minutes to 20 seconds.

I'm kind of strongly tempted to apply the second patch; but it would
be fair to complain that reduce_unique_semijoins() is new development
and should wait for v11.  Opinions?

Obviously, I'm voting for second patch applied to version 10.

--
Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: teo...@sigaev.ru
                                                   WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/