On 07/07/17 13:29, Amit Langote wrote:

Someone complained about this awhile back [1].  And then it came up again
[2], where Noah appeared to take a stance that partitions should be
visible in views / output of commands that list "tables".

Although I too tend to prefer not filling up the \d output space by
listing partitions (pg_class.relispartition = true relations), there
wasn't perhaps enough push for creating a patch for that.  If some
committer is willing to consider such a patch, I can make one.

Yeah, me too (clearly). However if the consensus is that all these partition tables *must* be shown in \d output, then I'd be happy if they were identified as such rather than just 'table' (e.g 'partition table').

regards

Mark