Tom Lane wrote:

"Christopher Kings-Lynne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

But should the CREATE DOMAIN manual page refer to DROP TYPE? Should DROP
DOMAIN be able to drop a type?

<shrug> Don't care much about either of those; the current state of affairs is fine with me.

What happens in the future if for some
reason we need to add some special case to dropDomain() and the coder
neglects to add it to dropType()?

That would be a bug without regard for any of this discussion, because both RemoveDomain and RemoveType are simply user interface routines; they do no actual work. If someone put actual work into either, it'd be wrong because it would not get done during a cascaded drop.

While implementing the new ALTER DOMAIN ... OWNER TO stuff, I found that there's no corresponding command for TYPE (and ALTER DOMAIN will reject a TYPE). IMHO this should go on TODO for symmetry reasons. And how about AGGREGATE, CONVERSION, SEQUENCE? (the latter can be changed by ALTER TABLE).

Regards, Andreas

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [EMAIL PROTECTED])