Bruce Momjian wrote:

Tom Lane wrote:

Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

It just seemed complex to figure out which operators needed parens and
which didn't.

The fact that the first attempt was wrong doesn't improve my faith in
that code one bit ;-).

It was posted expressively with request for comment/review to locate bogus/non-fail-safe assumptions. That operator thing was introduced last-minute before feature freeze, coded late at night.

I don't want pg_dump invoking it, even as an option. Someone will get burnt.

Yes, even if we get it right now, it might break in the future by a change somewhere else, and we may not discover the breakage until it is too late.

Doesn't this apply to any change?

pg_dump can be used as a kind of reverse-engineer tool, that's why user-readability can make sense. I wonder when somebody wishes pgAdmin3 to do that for a complete db (effectively duplicating pg_dump's feature)...

Regards,
Andreas

     joining column's datatypes do not match