--On Saturday, August 30, 2003 00:51:01 -0400 Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Larry Rosenman wrote:
> Yes, and that is the complex part because _some_ non-*_r functions are
> thread-safe, and some are not.  I have to determine if we have other
> such platforms before I figure out how to fix it in the cleanest way.
>
> In most platforms that are like this, I think, they have all the *_r
> functions even if all of them are not required.
well, this is not true on FreeBSD.

it does NOT have gethostbyname_r (on 5.1-CURRENT as of last nite).

It does have getpwuid_r and strerror_r.

Yes, but it doesn't require those *_r functions. It uses a separate library. It has them around only for compatibility, or so I am told.

Seems netbsd also needs them, but it seems it has them all.

The only two platforms I have are FreeBSD and UnixWare.

So, I can't help more here.

Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?