I was attempting to get pg_autovacuum to work on my database and after much hammering
at it I discovered that the stats system was not working.  I tried it with both
7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2 in both cases the number of tuples inserted, deleted and updated
remained at 0 no matter what database activity occured.

Matthew T. O'Connor looked at my system recompiled postgres, and checked my config
files and was unable to solve my problem.

I am using a default install of RedHat 9.0 on a VIA Samuel 2 processor.  Anyone have
any ideas what could be causing my problem?  I have had hardware problems in the past
but this is a new machine that I ran memtest86 and badblocks with the destructive
tests on before I installed so I'm pretty sure thats not the issue.  Additionally I
made a copy of the hard drive and placed it in another server and saw the same thing
happen.

I did not have this problem with 7.3.3 so I think it has something to do with 7.4.

--- Adam Kavan--- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- Adam Kavan
--- American Amuesments
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED]