Kurt Roeckx wrote:

It could be useful to have a warning at the following line:

                        if (memcmp(&fromaddr, &pgStatAddr, fromlen))
                                continue;

That way you can rule out that that is a problem.

Anyway, I still didn't see the error message he got in the first
place.  Maybe we're looking at the wrong thing?

I think it's more this piece of code in postmaster/pgstat.c

        /*
         * The source address of the packet must be our own socket.
         * This ensures that only real hackers or our own backends
         * tell us something.  (This should be redundant with a
         * kernel-level check due to having used connect(), but let's
         * do it anyway.)
         */
        if (memcmp(&fromaddr, &pgStatAddr, fromlen))
            continue;

Jan

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings