Alvaro Herrera wrote:

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 07:04:13PM +0200, Andreas Pflug wrote:

Bruce Momjian wrote:

I assume we never came to a final conclusion on how to do CREATE
FUNCTION without double-quoting.

Many discussions, but no final conclusion in sight, it seems. That \beginliteral stuff is psql centric, where a sql syntax solution is needed.

Oh, is it? Didn't people agree that other frontends (pgAdmin, phpPgAdmin, etc) have solutions for the problem already?

I think there is agreement that these do. It would still look ugly in a programmatic interface like JDBC. Not that I use JDBC to set up functions, but I can imagine someone wanting to. But personally I could live with a nice enough psql-only fix.

cheers

andrew

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?