Alvaro Herrera wrote:

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 10:35:18PM +0200, Andreas Pflug wrote:

I never agreed that a client solution would be satisfying. While frontends might try to hide some uglyness of the syntax to the user for single functions, editing large scripts with many functions is still suffering from "massive quotes".

Oh, and you will be feeding those script to the backend through what?

Virtually any client. May be psql, or may be pgAdmin2/pgAdmin3 (the latter featuring syntax highlighting), or other tools the let you execute generic queries. While I'm an old "command liner", I rarely use cmd line tools for db administration/querying.

Regards,
Andreas

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?