Tom Lane wrote:
"Matthew T. O'Connor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I made a patch to fix this, but in testing it I noticed that the stats
system doesn't work on shared tables as I was expecting it too (as my
latest patch requires it too :-). It treats instances of shared tables
in separate databases as totally unique tables.

Hmm. The bufmgr and lower levels handle shared tables by always associating a database number of zero with them, but I'll bet that the pg_stats stuff does not do that. I'd call that a bug, yes. Jan, any thoughts on how complex to fix?

Need to take a look into, but I agree that this is a bug.

Jan

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend