Sean Chittenden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> ... then @autoconf me harder@ could be used as the start and ending
> token,

Hm, I should have read your message more carefully --- I missed the bit
at the middle where you propose nearly the same idea I had ;-).  But the
flex patterns you wrote don't actually support this do they?

> @(@[^\n]+\n|[EMAIL PROTECTED]@)

Doesn't quite seem to do what we're talking about here.

I don't see a need for three of these; that just eats up lexical token
space.  Is there a reason for the $ variant not to be enough?  In any
case, @ and % are valid (and popular) operator names in Postgres, so we
could not use them for this purpose without removing that meaning, which
would be painful.