Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > OK, I have applied a patch to make initdb create a COPY file with
> > consistent end-of-line termination, so it passes the COPY EOL checking.
>
> Maybe instead we can change the COPY command to read the file directly and
> not via stdin?  Then we don't need the \. marker.

Yes, we need a temp table then.  The single-line fix seemed easier.

Also, the file is a mix of things from a file and echo's, it isn't just
the \.:

          echo "UPDATE information_schema.sql_implementation_info SET character_value
= '$combined_version' WHERE implementation_info_name = 'DBMS VERSION';"

          echo "COPY information_schema.sql_features (feature_id, feature_name,
sub_feature_id, sub_feature_name, is_supported, comments) FROM STDIN;"
          cat "$datadir"/sql_features.txt
          echo "\."
        ) |
        tr -d '\r' | # make newlines consistent for Win32