+ CREATE SCHEMA: Sometimes a schema created in PostgreSQL
disappears if there is nothing in it.

This is more than a bit hard to believe. Can you give an example?

We use schema's ALOT in our applications. I have yet to see this happen.

+ PostgreSQL does not support the NUMBER keyword without (...)
i.e. something in parenthesis following it.

Don't follow this one either. We don't have NUMBER --- are you speaking
of NUMERIC? If so, I'm not aware of any context where you're required
to put a precision on NUMERIC. Again, may we see an example?

Ditto.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

-- Command Prompt, Inc., home of Mammoth PostgreSQL - S/ODBC - S/JDBC Postgresql support, programming, shared hosting and dedicated hosting. +1-503-222-2783 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.commandprompt.com PostgreSQL.Org - Editor-N-Chief - http://www.postgresql.org

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend