Bruce Momjian wrote:

(...)
I guess iff someone needs raw with headers in the future, I guess we
could add --help-config-raw-headers.

I don't mind if you make it always with the headers. We can easily strip the first line when reading the file and people can easily strip it piping the output through a filter before sorting it etc.

I am thinking that the headers would allow a output formatting utility to do it in a way that is independent of the version, and avoid having to run "pg_config --version" as well. As the values are all strings it can blindly create a column for every header. The only fields that the program need to know about (like name and group) are not likely to change.

No big deal though.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat Canada Ltd.                     E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend