Bruce Momjian wrote:

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
Hello,

Well the reason I brought it up was the rather interesting discussion that Jan had today about Vacuum.
I was wondering if we were going to explore that before the 7.4 release?

No, I am afraid we are way past time time for that kind of addition.

Couln't agree more.

We have absolutely no plan what kind of cache algorithm or strategy we want as a replacement, what granularity of tuning options it might need and what good defaults would be. This is the kind of stuff that looks simple but needs a full development cycle like TOAST did.

Jan