On Nov 8, 2003, at 1:44 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

Bob Ippolito <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
On Nov 8, 2003, at 1:13 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
As for getting rid of system.c, I am not eager to do that since it
would
certainly break compatibility with OS X 10.1. We could conditionally
compile it out perhaps. Do you know what #define symbol we could test
for to determine which OS X version we are on?

See /usr/include/AvailabilityMacros.h

I don't see anything there that we can use in the form

#ifdef OSX_VERSION_10_2
or
#if OSX_VERSION >= something

My 10.2.6 copy already has MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_3 in it, so they are
obviously not intending that the highest defined symbol of that
series is the OS version.

MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED

* If min OS not specified, assume 10.0
* Note: gcc driver may set MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED based on MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable

Compiling software for 10.3 should setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.3

-bob

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings