Uz.ytkownik Andrew Dunstan napisa?:

Claudio Natoli wrote:
As for release numbering, ISTM that is not fundamentally very important. At my former company we had code names for branches and decided release names/numbers near release time in accordance with marketing requirements. Let's not get hung up on nominalism. A release number is just a tag and we can call it whatever seems good at the time.

Maybe it's a good time to think about PostgreSQL's marketing strategy & identity. Maybe this great DBMS should be changed in all areas - not only in technical related fields ?

ML