HOWEVER, a release cycle of *less than 6 months* would kill the advocacy vols if we wanted the same level of publicity.

I do support the idea of "dev" releases. For example, if there was a "dev" release of PG+ARC as soon as Jan is done with it, I have one client would would be willing to test it against a simulated production load on pretty heavy-duty hardware.

Can't we have nightly builds always available? Why can't they just use the CVS version?

(Oddly enough, my problem in doing more testing myself is external to PostgreSQL; most of our apps are PHP apps and you can't compile PHP against two different versions of PostgreSQL on the same server. Maybe with User Mode Linux I'll be able to do more testing now.)

I'd be willing to give testing coordination a go, not sure where I'd begin though.

Chris

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster