ow wrote:

--- Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
People might be more interested in debating this topic with you if we
hadn't discussed it at length just a couple months back.  There wasn't
consensus then that we had to offer an escape hatch, and you've not
offered any argument that wasn't made before.

I'm simply presenting a problem for which I currently do not see any solution (it's very important for us to be able to restore db within a reasonable amount of time). If there's no solution and none is planned, then we cannot use pgsql, can we?

You're simply presenting a problem that isn't there in the first place. If you really feel the need to shoot yourself in the foot, use separate schema and data dumps and do the latter with "-X disable-triggers".

And now will you please put it to rest?

Jan

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?